This is not really a recipe page, it’s more a ‘Meet Quinoa’ page. I was very skeptical of Quinoa when I first heard about it- it just didn’t look appetizing. But after my first bowl- I was hooked. Quinoa (kEEn-wah) is my go to snack or meal because it fills me up- and I stay full!
- Quinoa is high in iron, protein, and fiber!
- Quinoa is a good source of: manganese, magnesium, and copper.
- Quinoa has folate, vitamin B6, and riboflavin.
- Check out all the Quinoa Nutrition facts Here.
- Super easy to make! Just boil 2 cups water, once boiling add 1 cup quinoa- cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- I prefer the white Quinoa, the red and multi taste bitter to me.
- Buy Pre-Washed -This will save you so much time and hassle! (Available at most stores)
- 1 cup of Quinoa makes approx. 3-4 servings.
- You can eat Quinoa hot or cold.
- Cook it and store in fridge for a couple days- grabbing when needed.
How I Eat Quinoa
- In a bowl with steak sauce (or buffalo sauce) mixed in.
- In a bowl with steamed broccoli and BBQ sauce.
- Mixed with ground turkey and salsa.
- Sprinkled into a salad.
- Mixed into oatmeal.
- As a side dish for chicken or fish with dinner.
- There are tons of recipes online too!
If you find any amazing Quinoa recipes let me know!!!